Movie Overviews and Reviews: Kaappan (2019)
Tamil is very much known as a great producer of movies. With its creative stories, exciting plot twists, and interesting soundtracks, it is quite undeniable that many are greatly hooked to their creations.
One of the films that you can watch here at Tamil Movies Online is Kaappaan. Classified as an action film, the film also gives its audience a hint of romance. As it was aired in 2019, many people had been interested enough to watch this film. So, if you haven’t seen it before, then here is an overview of the film as well as some reviews that can give you a clue of what you can expect.
Kaappaan tells the story of a proficient military intelligence officer named Kathir. He is then assigned as a Special Protection Group (SPG) officer who has to lead the security cover of their Prime Minister Chandrakant Varma. It is with that special role that he had to discover the threat to the prime minister’s life as well as to the nation.
As he performs his duties for the PM, he also has to deal with the agricultural issues that are causing problems in the village where he lived.
This film would not have been possible without the people who worked hard for it. With that, here are some of the actors who gave life to the wondrous major characters in this film directed by K.V. Anand.
- Suriya as Kathiravan or Kathir, SPG commando
- Mohanlal as Chandrakanth Varma, Prime Minister
- Arya as Abhishek, son of Prime Minister; Prime Minister in the later parts
- Sayyeshaa as Anjali, Prime Minister’s press secretary; Kathir’s love interest
- Samuthirakani as Joseph Selvaraj, SPG Director
It was in its opening weekend after the launch on September 20, 2019 that the film earned ₹23 crore in Tamil Nadu. This made it the highest-grossing film opening weekend in Tamil film during that time. According to the producers, the movie earned a total of ₹100 crore after it had been shown worldwide.
Despite the fact that it was a box-office hit, the movie received a lot of feedback from its viewers. Here are some of those.
- It has engaging moments.
- It has mildly interesting twists.
- The action sequences and the cinematography are great.
- The screenplay was predictable.
- The scenes were awkwardly cut, thus disrupting the thrill of the action scenes with their love story.
- The script is unimpressive and it somehow shows double meanings.
Regardless of the backlash that Kaappaan received, we still suggest that you watch this film and see it for yourself. More often than not, people tend to have a different opinion on popular movies since they each have their own interpretations. With that, make sure to check out its trailer first and watch the movie if you had been interested in it.